Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Where's Your Home?

The word "home" often carries a different meaning depending on who you ask. Some may simply state that home is where you live, or your house. Others might say that home is where you're from, or where you grew up, and you'll always get that one person that says something like "home is where the heart is" (such beautiful poetry). The point is, "home" does not have much of a solid definition.
I believe that home is wherever one feels most comfortable. Home is the place where you can escape from the rest of the world to feel more at ease. For me "home" is my room, which doesn't seem like much of a home to some, but it perfectly fits my definition. My room is the epitome of comfort for myself, and I will briefly explain why. Somehow, I managed to get the biggest bedroom in the house (my parents are still upset about the missed opportunity). I have worked hard to make my room a comfortable place with a positive atmosphere. Plants on the windowsill, a bookcase full of books, a collection of small glass bottles, a wall covered in drawings, my computer and laptop, and lots of pillows on my bed. These are the things that make my room more of a home. Whenever I am feeling stressed I can always retreat to my "home" to recover. This is how I define home.
Some people believe that where you are born is your home. Although this may be true for some, I don't believe it is always the case. Some people are born in one country, but find themselves living in another. Often times they will considered the country where they live to be home. Others do indeed consider their place of origin to be their home. One may live in America, but recognize Africa as home. Home is wherever you choose it to be. Sometimes it is where you live, other times it's where you feel the most comfortable. Home can be where you are loved an welcomed. It can be a place you made, or a place you found. It all comes down to one's own definition of home.
(Sign Here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment