Thursday, October 15, 2015

This Probably Should Have Been Done a Few Days Ago

It didn't take me a long time to realize that I am horrendously lazy. That sounds like an awful way to start a blog and a likely intro to self-depreciation, but it has been weighing on my mind and i have to write something. So here it is.

Right now it is 9:02 PM on Wednesday night and tomorrow this very blog is due. That may not seem like a big deal if you think about how homework is usually assigned the day before it is due, but this was not assigned today. It wasn't even assigned yesterday. This blog was assigned on Thursday of last week. The fact that I am sitting here typing this now and not a few days ago is what gave me the idea to write about my problem. Why would I wait so long to start this when I was told about it nearly a week ago? Did I think maybe if I don't do it, it will just go away? No. Do I find the subject boring and therefore lack motivation? Also no. After thinking for a while I realized that there is no decent reason for my procrastination, except for the undeniable fact that I am lazy.

I have a good amount of free time. Now that tennis season is over I will have even more, but will I use it wisely? No. This is the source of the problem. Time management is something that I (and I'm sure plenty of others) struggle with. * When managing my time I will usually put the things that I want to do first, and the things that I don't want to do last. The problem with this system is that most of the things that I don't want to do are things that need to get done. I almost always end up wasting my time and finishing my work much later than expected. This actually wouldn't be so much of a problem on its own, but my procrastinating leads to stress and that stress leads to panicking. I bring these things upon myself and I could fix them if I had a little more self-discipline, but I just cannot stop myself from waiting for the last minute to start a job that needs to get done. I'm told that this will change with maturity, and I certainly hope that's true.
(Sign Here.)


* -Perhaps you noticed this little star in paragraph three. I wanted to mention that at this point I stopped writing and read my book for about 30 minutes. I procrastinated my post about procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment