Thursday, March 3, 2016

Beware the Zombies

Zombies are real. Maybe not in the way we might think, but they certainly exist. We see "zombies" every day. They are the evil creatures that we know how to defeat, but still overwhelm us. They are the demons that we can slaughter over and over and over again, but there will always be more. Some people only have one zombie, maybe the ones that walk real slow. Others have more than one like the ones that crawl and the ones that run. If I thought about it a lot for a long time, I could probably come up with approximately seven different types of zombies that I have. But right from the start, in the forefront of my mind, there is one kind of zombie that swarms and overwhelms me in massive numbers. It's a zombie that wants to push me down to the ground and keep me there forever so that more and more can pile on top and leave me forgotten under the weight. Although I find it easier to call it Laziness.
Sloth is my ultimate deadly sin, or, in this case, my "zombie". I adore being lazy, but I also loathe it. It is so wonderful to do nothing and have nothing required of you, but this of course means that you get nothing in return. There is nothing to be gained from sloth apart from its initial satisfaction, but even that wears off once you realize that you need to do something at some point in time. It is the same way with zombies. The idea seems great at the time. Perhaps the zombie apocalypse would be thrilling. Then you start to remember the effects, the danger, and you think "maybe the zombie apocalypse isn't so exciting...", but now it is too late and you are trapped.
When I am being lazy, I am happy. Even if there is that tiny voice whispering in the back of my mind saying "YOU ARE DOING NOTHING! GET UP! BE PRODUCTIVE! LIVE FOR GOD'S SAKE!"(it's a voice that one becomes quite good at ignoring), I will still be content. The worst part of the whole mess is that I know how to defeat this "zombie". All I have to do is self motivate, which is so much easier said than done, and the zombie will be dead. The problem is that there will always be another zombie that wanders over and attacks, and then I must defeat that one as well. I can only hope that I will never be completely overwhelmed by sheer numbers and swallowed.
(Sign Here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment